New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Alaskan Fury, by: Sara King (review)


Alaskan Fury
By: Sara King
 

So Sara King is a new author I have been enjoying lately. Alaskan Fury is the second book in her series, the first being Alaskan Fire –and I’ve got to say, BOTH books are AMAZING. I know I’m gushing; I’m trying not to, so stick with me, while I try to explain WHY I love this series.

I’ve already put my review of Alaskan Fire on Amazon and if you check it out, you’ll see that I am not the only one in love with it, and that it is totally worthy of your book-lust.

So now I’m gonna talk about Alaskan Fury, and why IT is so great.

We start out where we left off in Alaskan Fire, with Kaashifah the little wolf we were introduced in her first book. She and her friend; ‘Aqrab (I use that term lightly) –the djinni.

I don’t think I’d ever heard of a djinni before this story, so the term is still a little new to me, but to my understanding he is some sort of gene in a lamp type. In the first book she introduces a different sort of world, kind of like realms, but in this one we get to take a closer look and even venture into one. It wasn’t like most books I read however, which of course is why I love her books so much, they are never like other books, it’s as if she takes some of the same concepts, and turns them into something completely different and foreign, which is a hard thing to do as we see with some authors who like to repeat each other’s plots.

With Alaskan Fury however, we are introduced to an entirely new breed of creatures, some new, some old, some I’ve never even heard of before, and every page is like a new adventure. Admittedly, I DID skip parts. BUT that is not the fault of the book, but rather my impatience to get to the next part. I regret that decision however, as I missed quite a bit, and I have every intention of going back and re-reading it, as the book deserves.

 I am not going to give any spoilers here, as I know how that can ruin the anticipation of a new book, but I WILL say that I LOVED it, and I can’t wait until she gets the next one out. I was extremely pleased with the ending as well. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen next!

 If you like Fantasy romance, sword fights, and mystery, this is DEFINITLEY the book for you!! –Be sure to look out for Alaskan Fury! It’s a real page-turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment