New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Word Counts

Due to Word Count limitations, in posting my review to the various book sites, I summarized the 2 reviews for Howl For it, so it reads as:


As I suspected, this story was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  “Howl For It” is really making me want to reconsider my novella policy. As I stated before, I typically don’t read books with more than one story in them, because I usually find them lacking in details, and quality. I don’t like to feel rushed when I’m enjoying a good story, but with this one, rather than feeling as though you are being shoved at warp speed through the set-up, you are dropped dead center into the action, with just enough back story to keep you interested, while simultaneously giving you ample time to fall in love.

The first Novella in the book is called ‘Like a Wolf with a Bone’, and it’s by Shelly Laurenston.
Keep in mind as I write this review, that I typically don’t read novella’s, or books with more than one story inside, as I like my books to be a bit longer, however, recently I read a story, ‘Bear Meets Girl’ by Shelly Laurenston, who is one of the authors here, and as I loved it so much, I decided to give this one a try as well.

Like a Wolf with A Bone, starts on, somewhere, I think in the 1970’s, but as the wolves are somewhat long lived, I cannot be entirely certain. There are a few hints to give that impression however, such as one of the cars, a 1971 Plymouth GTX, which I know, really could mean nothing; but there was also a concert, in which a rock band famous in the 70’s was one of the coveted entertainers, as well as a few other mentions, that you’ll have to read to find out about.

I liked the first story by Shelly Laurenston, ‘Like a wolf without a bone’, but I LOVED ‘Wed or Dead’ by Cynthia Eden.

This being my first story by Cynthia Eden, I wasn’t really sure what to expect,  but again, I am so, so, SO glad I gave this book a chance, as it’s definitely going on the keeper shelf.

In this story, we have the female lead, Kayla, a bad-ass; take charge, paranormal butt-kicking human, whose fate led her to a small chapel in Sin City, where she’s married male lead, wolf shifter, and all around good-guy Gage.

I highly recommend this book, to anyone who likes fast, action packed drama, with a little love, blood, and lust thrown in for good measure. I’d consider this a paranormal romance, but true to my love of detailed plots, I gotta say, I would love to see ‘Wed or Dead’ as a full length novel, or even a sequel would be awesome!


Also, I'm including the Synopsis here for everyone to read:

Shelly Laurenston - "Like a Wolf with a Bone" - Quiet little Darla Lewis couldn't be happier when the most-feared member of the South's rowdiest pack kidnaps her. A girl gets real tired of being overprotected by her own shifter family, and there's nothing like a big bad wolf to start a pack feud, unleash her instincts- and have her surrender however and whenever she wants...

Cynthia Eden - "Wed or Dead" - Gage Ryder knew his human bride had a wild side. But spending their honeymoon night on the run from hunters out to finish him and his pack is sure not the kind of fun he was looking forward to. No problem - Gage will do whatever it takes to lay bare Kayla's secrets. If he can keep from being captured by his own seductive game...

No comments:

Post a Comment