New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tasting Fear- By; Shannon McKenna.


Tasting Fear
Shannon McKenna

Tasting Fear is a combined novel of three novellas, based on three sisters who, after finding their foster mother dead embark on an adventure full of intrigue and romance. 
A killer, bent on the destruction of the three girls is looking for priceless sketches, their mother, an Italian countess happens to possess. After accidentally killing the countess, the killer must rely on his talents in order to find out what he must from her daughters; Nancy, Nell, and Vivi  D'Onofrio, the three Irish women adopted as young girls by Lucia D'Onofrio.
Lucia, having gotten the upper hand by dying long before the thief could get the answers he wanted leaves clues for the three sisters, starting with some very pretty expensive jewelry. 
To be honest however, while I enjoy a good romance, it’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed a contemporary, and this is perhaps not the best book to get me back into them. The story had a great plot line, but the story itself was a little dull. The characters started out great with a strong sense of who they were, but as the story went along, I got a sense that they tended to be a bit dry.
The story starts out very dramatic with the death of the Countess, and Marco, but fades a little. The only real drama was during the killer’s point of view, and only because he seemed like a disturbed individual. 
That is not to say that this was a bad book, I’m sure given the right reader, that this book is terrific, that reader is just not me.
I appreciate getting to read the book, I’m sure the author put a lot work into it, and I applaud her that ability, but this was just not the book for me. I intend to give this book another try a little later, but for now, I’m just going to leave it at that, and give it a 3. However, keep in mind that I have never read a book by Shannon McKenna before, and this book alone is not enough to keep me from checking out her other stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment