New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Friday, April 12, 2013

'The Guardian' By: Sherrilyn Kenyon. (review)

Previously published from Midnight Reads.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

'The Guardian' By: Sherrilyn Kenyon. (review)




I want to start out by saying first, that I don't think I've read Sherrilyn Kenyon before, despite her high recommendations. For some reason I have been leery of her books, (No clue why), yet the other day, I found myself with a little extra money, in the book section of my local store, and out of everything on the shelf, she was the ONLY one that looked interesting.


Sooooo, obviously I bought it.


I am SO glad I did! She has officially made it on to my favorite author list, with this book alone!!!!! I nearly cried when this book ended, I wish it could have gone on forever! I would have happily spent the rest of my life reading it.


Why?


Lydia is a dream-hunter, a demi-god born to keep mortals from having nightmares, but not only that, she’s also a jackal shifter.


This is my very first shifter book, which includes jackals. So, I had NO IDEA what to expect, (Keep that in mind).


Already I am intensely interested, because I have an OBSESSION with anything dream related, so I was immediately drawn in by that fact alone.


-Spoiler- Add that she has descended the pits of hell in order to rescue her Godly father.


Now, I’m wondering how a demi-god can break into hell, and RESCUE a god, especially when he is so much more powerful than her, and has somehow gotten himself captured to begin with.


But apparently she can, and not only that, but she rescues someone else as well!!!! Talk about T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D!!!!


Who else does she rescue? Another demi-god! Only this one isn’t JUST a demi-god, he’s thousands of years old, and he’s been a prisoner so long he doesn’t even remember what the sun looks like.


Seth, son of Egyptian god; SET is a tortured soul. Literally. He has been a prisoner of Hell since he was a young child, and he has no clue what an honest person looks like, until he meets Lydia.


I seriously could NOT put this book down!!!!! I nearly passed out twice from holding my breath during some particularly good battle scenes.


Between the battles, the sexy love scenes, and the hilarious dialogue, there is no reason NOT to read this book!!!! You can’t help but fall in love with Seth, who WOULDN’T want to be the woman to heal his scarred soul?


Definitely a 5 star read, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment