New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Review of: -Just Like Heaven.- By: Julia Quinn

From JMO
Review of:

-Just Like Heaven.-
By: Julia Quinn




So I just finished “Just Like Heaven’ by Julia Quinn, and I’ve got to say as far as historical romances go, this one was pretty good. I’d give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, not because there was anything wrong with it, just because there wasn’t a whole lot happening. I loved her introductory summary, but as far as excitement, it was just a little lacking. Don’t get me wrong, the book was amazing, and I loved it, and would definitely read it again, but in comparison to other novels I’ve read, some by her, some not, it just didn’t have as much drama that most romances thrive on.


Over all, the story was well developed, well detailed, and beautifully written. I loved the main character’s (Honoria) humor, and her sense of family, and tradition. The author really did a great job pairing her hero and heroine in this book, and as far as the drama that DID occur, it was really nerve wracking to see whether or not the hero A.K.A Marcus would pull through. The ending in particular was great, I loved how she introduced Honoria’s brother, Daniel, though he was mentioned throughout the story, it was a pleasure to finally meet the man that mattered so much to the main characters, and I have to admit, I’m kinda interested to know if he is going to have his own story, because I would certainly buy it.

*If I had to pick a favorite part, I would have to say that watching Honoria dig a hole for her fake fall would have been the best, it was hilarious, and the fact that Marcus, her ‘guardian’ saw it all just added to the humor. Her attempt to be calculating DID kinda fall back on her, but it was amusing none the less.


*Loved the red shoe bit as well*


I highly recommended this story, an all-around great read, despite the lesser drama.


Of course you can find this book on Amazon, via the search box on the right sidebar, or you can go to their site, and search for Julia Quinn, and see all her other available books as well.





Book Description
Publication Date: May 31, 2011
Honoria Smythe-Smith is:
A) a really bad violinist
B) still miffed at being nicknamed "Bug" as a child
C) not in love with her older brother's best friend
D) all of the above

Marcus Holroyd is:
A) the Earl of Chatteris
B) regrettably prone to sprained ankles
C) not in love with his best friend's younger sister
D) all of the above

Together they:
A) eat quite a bit of chocolate cake
B) survive a deadly fever and the world's worst musical performance
C) fall quite desperately in love


It's Julia Quinn at her best, so you know the answer is . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment