New navigation!

In an effort to make the page more user-friendly, all reviews are now listed on their respective tabs above. Simply click the genre and search the list for the review you're looking for.

Friday, April 12, 2013

My Wicked Little Lies, by Victoria Alexander. (review)



Book number 2 on my review list this month, and a great pick.


So, I’m starting to get a little burned out of the historical romances, which means I will soon be switching back to the paranormal romances.
Meanwhile I just finished reading ‘My Wicked Little Lies’ and it was pretty good. I’d give it a 4.5 out of 5 simply because while it was enjoyable, there were a few slow moments, where I wanted to skip parts. For the most part, the plot was fantastic, there was a lot going on to grab the attention, but a couple times it moved a little slow.



I really liked reading this story though and I wouldn’t mind reading it again, and while I got this book free, I would not regret having paid for it. The characters were believable, the plot unique, and unlike anything I’ve read before.



It was a pleasant change to the cliché normally created in a historical romance. I especially liked the way Evie played such a large part of the story, and not just in the ballroom, but on the ‘battle field’ as well. I know that is hard to do given the time period, and I am impressed. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the story! Definitely recommended!


The ending was a huge shock…I wasn’t really prepared for it, so that’s good- and I loved the secondary romance that went along side by side with the main plot. My favorite part would have been the Rouse section however as I really love a little revenge in romances, particularly when you know the characters will end up together regardless.


Over all, it’s one of the better romances I’ve read lately, and I look forward for more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment